The U.S. Department of Justice COPS Office STOP School Violence Prevention Program (SVPP) is a competitive award program designed to provide funding to improve security at schools and on school grounds through evidence-based school safety programs.
SVPP funding is available for projects that involve:
- Coordination with local law enforcement
- Training for local law enforcement officers to prevent student violence against others and self
- Placement and use of metal detectors, locks, lighting and other deterrent measures
- Acquisition and installation of technology for expedited notification of local law enforcement during an emergency
- Any other measures that, in the determination of the COPS Office, may provide a significant improvement in security
The COPS Office anticipates making 150 SVPP awards totaling $50 million, with funding requests capped at $500,000 per award.
BAYCOM can help with your grant submission by working with you to:
- Develop projected costs for the equipment you hope to secure, so you know how much you should be asking for as part of the grant submission
- Prepare content you can use in the grant submission that will help tell the story of how you’ll benefit from the equipment
- Point you to grant-writing assistance and other resources offered by Motorola
Contact us to learn more about how we can help you take full advantage of this funding opportunity.
Learn more about the application process in the 2020 COPS Office School Violence Prevention Program Application Guide. Other program documents, including FAQs, can be found on the COPS website.