Put your technical aptitude to the test &
Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter.
The wireless communication industry is undergoing some very exciting times and our business continues to grow!
BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
BAYCOM is 100% employee-owned and an affiliate of OwnersEdge, an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. BAYCOM and the other affiliate businesses within the portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive profitable growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee-owners.
To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the BAYCOM team as an IS Field Service Technician at our Green Bay, WI office.
- Someone with a demonstrated technical aptitude with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An independent thinker with strong organizational and planning abilities.
- Eager to learn about new technologies with on the job training from our experts.
- A true team player with an outstanding work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Experienced in basic computer skills (CompTIA A+ certification favorable but not required)
- Experienced or interested in basic computer networking skills
- Comfortable operating hand and power tools
- Someone who understands or is interested in AC/DC electronics.
- Experienced or interested in pulling and terminating ethernet cable and installing equipment in residential or commercial buildings.
- Comfortable working in a customer facing environment, including some outdoor work and work at heights using a ladder or lift.
- Able to work a flexible schedule that will include an on-call rotation and occasional travel within Wisconsin as needed to support the business.
- Accountable to work independently as well as on a team.
- Able to pass a background check for CJIS certification.
YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE & HAVE AN IMPACT BY:
- Executing projects in accordance with the statement of work provided for the project.
- Staging equipment prior to installation.
- Configuring equipment and ensuring it is installed properly.
- Working with customers to ensure we meet or exceed expectations for all performed work.
- Responding to service calls and performing system/component level diagnostics and maintenance as required on all systems.
- Being available for rotational off-hours on-call work.
- Supporting the system design and pre-sales process.
- Keeping current on products and industry standards to ensure current best practices are followed.
the types of products you will support include:
- Two-way radio communication systems for Public Safety and Commercial business customers
- Surveillance video systems, including video management systems
- Door access control systems
- 911 & Dispatching Solutions
- In-car, interview room, and body-worn video solutions
- Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) solutions
- Networking solutions including Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint, and Mesh networks
- Networking equipment, including switches, routers, firewalls, and access points
Growing – And that’s not an accident. We are now one of the five largest Motorola and Panasonic dealers in North America. The breadth of our product and service portfolio across voice, mobile data, and video continue to create a competitive advantage for BAYCOM, driving 11% – 15% annual growth.
Employee-Owners – At the heart of our success is the unique dedication of each employee. As employee-owners in a 100% employee-owned company, we deliver an outstanding customer experience and believe that our value results from enriching our customers’ success. We hire the best and brightest, with great opportunities for growth and advancement. You are not just a number here.
Award Winning – It’s no secret that we like to win and have fun in the process as we are a Master Mettle Future 50 Award recipient, were named 2017 Top Business in Waukesha, and were recognized as the 2014 Wisconsin ESOP of the Year.
Sound like you? Apply today to join the BAYCOM team
and help provide a Lifeline in the Moments that Matter!