The U.S. Department of Justice Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding (CESF) Program will provide funding to assist eligible states, local units of government, and tribes in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
The funding is available to cover costs associated with (but not limited to):
- Overtime pay
- Equipment (including law enforcement and medical personal protective equipment)
- Supplies (such as gloves, masks, sanitizer)
- Travel expenses (particularly related to the distribution of resources to the most impacted areas)
- Addressing the medical needs of inmates in state, local and tribal prisons, jails and detention centers
Eligibility requirements: States, U.S. Territories, the District of Columbia, units of local government, and federally recognized tribal governments that were identified as eligible for funding under the FY19 State and Local Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program are eligible to apply.
Grant applications are due May 29, 2020.
BAYCOM can help with your grant submission by working with you to:
- Develop projected costs for equipment you hope to secure, so you know how much you should be asking for as part of the grant submission
- Prepare content you can use in the grant submission that will help tell the story of how you’ll benefit from the equipment
- Point you to grant-writing assistance and other resources offered by Motorola
Contact us to learn more about how we can help you take full advantage of this funding opportunity.
To learn more about the program and link to the grant application and other resources, download this document from Motorola.