Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter.
BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
BAYCOM is 100% employee-owned and an affiliate of OwnersEdge, an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. BAYCOM and the other affiliate businesses within the portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive profitable growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee-owners.
To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the BAYCOM team as an Electronics Technician in our Pewaukee, WI office.
As the Electronics Technician, you will be assisting the team by:
- Installing and troubleshooting wireless communications equipment at various locations locally for public safety agencies and commercial businesses.
- Assisting in the planning and designing of new installations, systems, and equipment.
- Testing equipment functions such as signal strength and quality, transmission capacity, interference, and signal delay, using equipment such as oscilloscopes, circuit analyzers, frequency meters, and watt meters.
- Examining malfunctioning radio equipment to locate defects such as loose connections, broken wires, or burned-out components, using schematic diagrams and test equipment.
- Installing antenna systems, racks, cabinets, communications equipment, cabling, etc… No tower climbing is required.
Your Qualifications & Experience bring:
- Technical aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Team player mentality with a positive attitude
- Familiarity with hand and power tools
- Understanding of AC/DC electronics
- Strong computer skills
- Ability and willingness to learn about new skills and new technologies
- 2 yr. associate or technical certification in the electronics or computer field AND/OR relevant Military experience