Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter.
BAYCOM is seeking an Electronics Technician to join our team in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
The following are specific activities that this position will contribute to the BAYCOM team:
- Responsible for installing and troubleshooting wireless communications equipment at various locations locally for public safety agencies and commercial businesses.
- Assist in the planning and designing of new installations, systems, and equipment.
- Test equipment functions such as signal strength and quality, transmission capacity, interference, and signal delay, using equipment such as oscilloscopes, circuit analyzers, frequency meters, and watt meters.
- Examine malfunctioning radio equipment to locate defects such as loose connections, broken wires, or burned-out components, using schematic diagrams and test equipment.
- Installation of antenna systems, racks, cabinets, communications equipment, cabling, etc… No tower climbing is required.
- Technical aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Familiarity with hand and power tools
- Understanding of AC/DC electronics
- Strong computer skills
- Ability and willingness to learn about new skills and new technologies
- 2 yr. associate or technical certification in the electronics or computer field AND/OR relevant Military experience
Apply today to join the BAYCOM team and help provide a lifeline in the moments that matter!