Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter.
BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
BAYCOM is 100% employee-owned and an affiliate of OwnersEdge, an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. BAYCOM and the other affiliate businesses within the portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive profitable growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee-owners.
To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the BAYCOM team as a Systems Technician at our Green Bay, WI office.
AS THE INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN, YOU WILL BE ASSISTING THE TEAM BY:
- Executing projects in accordance with the statement of work provided for the project.
- Managing inventory and staging equipment prior to installation.
- Configuring equipment and insure it is installed properly.
- Working with customers to ensure we meet or exceed expectations for all performed work.
- Responding to service calls and performing system/component level diagnostics and maintenance as required on all systems.
- Being available for rotational off-hours on-call work.
- Supporting in the system design and pre-sales process.
- Keeping current on products and industry standards to ensure current best practices are followed.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE BRING:
- A demonstrated technical aptitude with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Independent thinking with strong organizational and planning abilities.
- Eagerness to learn about new technologies with on the job training from our experts.
- Team player mentality with an outstanding work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Basic computer skills (CompTIA A+ certification favorable)
- Basic computer networking skills (CompTIA Network+ certification favorable)
- Comfortable operating hand and power tools and possess an understanding of AC/DC electronics.
- Experienced pulling and terminating ethernet cable and installing equipment in residential or commercial buildings.
- Focused working under pressure in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel as needed to support the business.
- Accountable to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to pass a background check for CJIS certification.
The types of products you will support include…
- Two-way radio communication systems for Public Safety and Commercial business customers
- Surveillance video systems including video management systems
- Door access control systems
- 911 & Dispatching Solutions
- In-car, interview room, and body worn video solutions
- Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) solutions
- Networking solutions including Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint, and Mesh networks
- Networking equipment including switches, router, firewalls, and access points