Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter.
BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
BAYCOM is 100% employee-owned and an affiliate of OwnersEdge, an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. BAYCOM and the other affiliate businesses within the portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive profitable growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee-owners.
To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the BAYCOM team as a Purchasing Manager in our Green Bay, WI office.
As the Purchasing Manager, you will be assisting the team by:
- Placing purchase orders to meet project schedules, while maintaining good supplier relationships and cost control
- Providing purchasing planning and manage inventory levels by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends
- Managing inventory levels at multiple locations, evaluating and maintaining proper stocking levels
- Providing overall supervision to Purchasing Department staff, including coordination and evaluation of assignments
- Controlling the cost of purchased materials within budget and generate cost reduction action plans
- Developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Negotiating pricing and contracts
- Making recommendations to management for cost saving strategies
- Developing, maintaining and improving supplier relationships
- Locating alternative suppliers, products and services
Your Qualifications & Experience bring:
- Experience with purchasing and inventory control
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a related field or equivalent experience
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative and perseverance
- Strong ambition for continuous learning, willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to adapt and respond effectively to changes in situation or information