Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter.
BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest.
BAYCOM is 100% employee-owned and an affiliate of OwnersEdge, an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. BAYCOM and the other affiliate businesses within the portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive profitable growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee-owners.
To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the BAYCOM team as a Purchasing Manager.
As the Purchasing Manager, you will be assisting the team by:
- Providing overall supervision to Purchasing Department staff, including coordination and evaluation of assignments.
- Identifying and developing qualified suppliers which meet company standards.
- Controlling the cost of purchased materials within budget and generate cost reduction action plans.
- Placing purchase orders to meet project schedules, while maintaining good supplier relationships and cost control.
- Developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Managing inventory levels at multiple locations, evaluating and maintaining proper stocking levels
- Negotiating pricing and contracts
- Making recommendations to management for cost-saving strategies
- Developing, maintaining and improving supplier relationships
- Locating alternative suppliers, products and services
- Providing purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends
So, what does it take to succeed in this role? We are looking for talented professionals who can combine strong leadership skills with exceptional detail-oriented skills. You should also have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent experience
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative and perseverance
- Strong ambition for continuous learning, willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt and respond effectively to changes in situation or information
Does this sound like you? Apply today to join the BAYCOM team and help provide a Lifeline in the Moments that Matter!