Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter
BAYCOM is seeking an Electronics Technician to join our team in Fox Crossing, Wisconsin. BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
The following are specific activities that this position will contribute to the BAYCOM team:
- Programming and troubleshooting wireless communications equipment at various locations for public safety agencies and commercial businesses.
- Assisting in the planning and designing of new installations, systems and equipment.
- Testing equipment functions such as signal strength and quality, transmission capacity, interference, and signal delay, using equipment such as circuit analyzers, frequency meters and watt meters.
- Examining malfunctioning radio equipment to locate defects such as loose connections, broken wires, or burned-out components, using schematic diagrams and test equipment.
- Installing antenna systems, racks cabinets, communications equipment, cabling, etc. (No tower climbing is required).
- Someone with a demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Resourceful in researching and resolving unique technical situations.
- Eager to learn more about our technologies with on the job training from our experts.
- A true team player with an outstanding work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Strong in computer skills, have familiarity with hand and power tools and have an understanding of AC/DC electronics.
- An individual who enjoys learning about and interfacing with various types of wireless technology and would find this to be an exciting career.
- Eager to learn more about our technologies and train on the job
Apply today to join the BAYCOM team and help provide a lifeline in the moments that matter!