Madison – Install Technician
Put your technical aptitude to the test &
Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter.
The wireless communication industry is undergoing some very exciting times and our business continues to grow!
BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
BAYCOM is 100% employee-owned and an affiliate of OwnersEdge, an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. BAYCOM and the other affiliate businesses within the portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive profitable growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee-owners.
To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the BAYCOM team as an Install Technician at our Madison, WI office.
YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE & HAVE AN IMPACT BY…
- Installing mobile equipment such as, but not limited to, communication devices, base stations, antennas, and GPS systems in various mobile and fixed environments
- Ensuring parts are inventoried and assembled for projects prior to scheduled work to ensure correct parts are available to meet the customer’s expectations
- Optimizing site or vehicle following the installation to ensure equipment functions properly, perform programming or run diagnostics as needed
- Being responsible for trouble shooting installed equipment. Determine if failure is either equipment or installation related. Develop action plan and coordinate follow-up effort
- Documenting all services rendered and parts used on service ticket for all customer engagements
- Representing BAYCOM in a positive and professional manner
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS YOU BRING…
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Understanding of basic vehicle electronics
- Basic computer and networking knowledge
- Ability to solder well
- Understanding AC/DC electronics
- Remaining current on technologies, troubleshooting & product knowledge
- Willingness to become MECP basic certified within 90 days of employment
- Documentation skills in products used for customer deliverables (Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook)
Growing – And that’s not an accident. We are now one of the five largest Motorola and Panasonic dealers in North America. The breadth of our product and service portfolio across voice, mobile data, and video continue to create a competitive advantage for BAYCOM, driving 11% – 15% annual growth.
Employee-Owners – At the heart of our success is the unique dedication of each employee. As employee-owners in a 100% employee-owned company, we deliver an outstanding customer experience and believe that our value results from enriching our customers’ success. We hire the best and brightest, with great opportunities for growth and advancement. You are not just a number here.
Award Winning – It’s no secret that we like to win and have fun in the process as we are a Master Mettle Future 50 Award recipient, were named 2017 Top Business in Waukesha, and were recognized as the 2014 Wisconsin ESOP of the Year.
Sound like you? Apply today to join the BAYCOM team
and help provide a Lifeline in the Moments that Matter!