Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter.
BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
BAYCOM is 100% employee-owned and an affiliate of OwnersEdge, an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. BAYCOM and the other affiliate businesses within the portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive profitable growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee-owners.
To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the BAYCOM team as a Video & Access Control Systems Designer at our Pewaukee, WI office.
Growing – And that’s not an accident. We are now one of the 5 largest Motorola dealers and one of the 5 largest Panasonic dealers in North America. The breadth of our product and service portfolio across voice, mobile data, and video continues to create a competitive advantage for BAYCOM which is driving 11% – 15% annual growth.
Employee-Owners – At the heart of our success is the unique dedication of each employee. As employee owners in a 100% employee-owned company, we deliver an outstanding customer experience and believe that our value results from enriching our customers’ success. We hire the best and brightest, with great opportunities for growth and advancement. You are not just a number here.
Award Winning – It’s no secret that we like to win and have fun in the process as we are a Master Mettle Future 50 Award recipient, were named 2017 Top Business in Waukesha and were recognized as the 2014 Wisconsin ESOP of the Year.
You can contribute and have an impact by…
- Consulting with engineering and sales teams to identify the most practical and cost-effective method of deploying a solution
- Performing site-walks for new opportunities identified by sales
- Assisting the sales team with the creation of the Quote, Equipment List and SOW for new opportunities involving new radio and/or enterprise equipment
- Creating quote, equipment list, and SOW for new opportunities involving service only
- Acting as a liaison between the technical and service teams to assist with the development of new tools and/or processes
- Attending project kickoff meetings and supporting the project team to clarify questions that arise during deployment
- Playing a key role in Project Management for security projects
Qualifications & Experience You Bring…
- Demonstrated technical aptitude capable of learning our product portfolio
- Experience with video surveillance and access control technologies a plus, including integrating into new buildings and on campuses
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfortable in AutoCAD and able to review and understand construction drawings
- Experience with project estimating
- Ability to develop a quote to present to a potential customer based on information received from other departments as well as during site walk
- Highly accountable and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel to customer sites throughout the state of Wisconsin
Sound like you? Apply today to join the BAYCOM team
and help provide a Lifeline in the Moments that Matter!