Help Build a Lifeline for the Moments that Matter.
The wireless communication industry is undergoing some very exciting times and our business continues to grow!
BAYCOM is the leading provider of mission-critical voice, mobile data and video solutions to public safety (e.g. fire, police, EMS, etc.) and commercial (e.g. manufacturing, education, transportation, construction, utilities, etc.) clients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Midwest.
BAYCOM is 100% employee-owned and an affiliate of OwnersEdge, an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. BAYCOM and the other affiliate businesses within the portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive profitable growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee-owners.
To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the BAYCOM team as an Install Technician. This role will be heavily based at our customer site in Clintonville, WI with a home base at our Fox Crossing or Green Bay location.
YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE & HAVE AN IMPACT BY…
- Installing mobile equipment such as devices, base stations, antennas, and GPS systems in various mobile and fixed environments
- Ensuring parts are inventoried and assembled for projects prior to scheduled work to ensure correct parts are available to meet the customer’s expectations
- Optimizing site or vehicle following the installation to ensure equipment functions properly
- Performing programming or run diagnostics as needed
- Trouble shooting installed equipment. Determine if failure is either equipment or installation related. Develop action plan and coordinate follow-up effort
- Documenting all services rendered and parts used on service ticket for all customer engagements
- Representing BAYCOM in a positive and professional manner
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS YOU BRING…
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams
- Understanding of basic vehicle electronics
- Basic computer and networking knowledge
- Ability to work with hand tools, drills, impact drivers, and test equipment
- Understanding AC/DC electronics
- Remaining current on technologies, troubleshooting & product knowledge
- Willingness to become MECP basic certified within 90 days of employment
- Documentation skills in products used for customer deliverables (Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook)
Sound like you? Apply today to join the BAYCOM team
and help provide a Lifeline in the Moments that Matter!